Whether you love the Library or think we can improve in some areas, your voice matters to us. Complete this year's student-only online survey and help make things happen in your Library.
From 4-17 May 2015 the Library will run an online survey exclusively for students, who have comprised the majority of the respondents in the past surveys.
Here are a few things we have done in response to what respondents told us two years ago:
Monitor computers and spaces to ensure more equitable use
- We introduced PC Finder to make it easier for users to find an available computer in the Matheson, Law and Hargrave-Andrew Libraries at Clayton and in the Caulfield Library.
- We are also piloting online Library Room Booking for students to book a meeting or study room more conveniently. The pilot is available for Berwick, Law, Peninsula and Matheson Libraries.
- We are refurbishing the Matheson and Caulfield Libraries. The refurbishments will provide a range of individual quiet and collaborative study areas, with a 25% increase in seating to 1,500 seats at Matheson and a 100% increase to 1,500 seats at Caulfield.
- At Clayton campus, we have added 107 seats in the Law Library plus an extra 18 seats as well as additional power to 34 desks for laptop use in the Hargrave-Andrew Library.
- A number of new features have been added to Search, the Library’s discovery platform. These include QR codes for item location and call numbers, Altmetrics that tells you how many times an article has been mentioned in major social media channels, predictive searching offering a list of searches you can click on rather than typing all your search terms and virtual browse tab.
- Library staff have also created a new online guide for using Search.