There are an amazing number of programs (over 10,000!) to choose from including documentaries, dramas, series and shows from both broadcast and pay TV. Each week there are 80 new programs added and the archive spans back to 2006. That’s nine years of television!
The database comes with heaps of features:
- Recent TV programs can be watched on your computer, tablet or even smartphone;
- program study guides, found under the ‘Resources’ tab, are created by Australian Teachers of Media. The study guides, which are downloadable, are written by experts in film, documentary and media studies and are an excellent resource for Education students;
- there are advanced searching options and the ‘Quick search’ box allows you to search for programs by simply typing in keywords;
- you can create clips from shows to show in your classes or lectures;
- closed captions are available;
- you can share videos with other EduTV users via email, Facebook and Twitter.
If you are a Monash staff or student, you have free access to EduTV as one of the Library’s many database subscriptions. Get in touch with your subject librarian if you have questions about this or other streaming video databases available through the Library.